Dental implants are tiny titanium posts that provide strong support for replacement teeth and are one of the most effective ways to fill in gaps in your smile.
Why you might need them
You may have one or missing teeth that have been lost through dental decay, gum disease or trauma.
How they help
- Can eliminate problems caused by ill-fitting dentures
- Can improve eating and speaking ability
- A long-lasting solution to missing teeth
- Can prevent shrinkage of the jaw bone
Single tooth implant – a single implant can permanently fill in a gap in your smile as a colour-matched porcelain crown is attached to the embedded metal post. It can replace a missing tooth without affecting the health of adjacent teeth.
Multiple teeth implants – implants can replace a number of missing teeth but you may not need a separate implant for each tooth. Just a few strategically placed implants can support bridgework.
Full arch implants – a full set of teeth can be supported by a small number of implants. They can also support removable dentures.
How they work
- We assess your general health, your bite and the quality of your jaw bone. If you have insufficient bone volume for the successful placement of implants, you may need a bone graft.
- When you are ready for treatment, we place the implants in the jaw bone.
- These then fuse with the surrounding bone, which will take a few months.
- Once healed, we will attach replacement teeth to the now securely positioned implants.
More useful information
We use a highly qualified specialist implant surgeon to place implants and we are trained to design and fit the replacement teeth.
Dental implants offer an extremely durable solution to missing teeth, as long as you look after them well and attend regular dental check-ups.Back to the Treatments page » Fees List » Gallery »