COVID 19 UPDATE SEPT 2020
We continue to strive to keep patients and staff safe and expand our services further with a mix of emergency dental treatment , routine dental work and some hygienist appointments.
Whilst we do this , we have a heavy burden of administration so that our patient journey is both efficient and comfortable.
There are some very important points to note and follow to help us all.
1: Appointments previously booked will go ahead unless you are contacted by us via email or text message –If you have changed either your email or telephone number or you think we may have incorrect information then please email us at [email protected] to provide any update. We have sent out a number of emails during the pandemic and so if you are not receiving them please check your spam email. The emails come out from our reception email address as above so please make sure that this is added to your contacts list to prevent it going into spam.
2: Our appointment diaries are constantly being updated to make sure that the flow of patients through the Practice is kept to a safe level –We apologise if we have to cancel or change your appointments but we will try to give you as much notice as possible. This will normally be notified by email or text and the changes will be kept to a minimum.
3: We have introduced PATIENT PORTAL . This is a new bit of software which allows all of the required forms to be completed via your phone, tablet or computer online before you attend your appointment. These forms provide vital information such as your updated medical history and Covid screening , which is compulsory before you attend your appointment.
The link to PATIENT PORTAL will be sent to you with each email reminder and text that you receive before your appointment . please click on the link and complete the forms before your appointment You only need do this once for each appointment. This will save vital time which we can then dedicate to your dental care and also reduce contact points within the Practice to reduce any chance of virus transmission.
Please click on this link
to watch a short video of how PATIENT PORTAL works.
4: Our opening times have been slightly modified and currently they are Monday to Thursday 9-1 and 2-5.30 , Friday 9-3.45 . Please note that due to regulations we are unable to use all of our surgeries at the same time and therefore not all dentists or hygienists will be seeing patients each day. However when the Clinicians are not seeing patients , they are working from home triaging patients and providing any required advice so please don’t be surprised if you get a call from your Dentist or Hygienist. This call will come from our usual number 01618812110 so please store it in your phone as Dentist and if you get a missed call please call us back.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE HOURS OF 12 AND 2 MON TO THURS OUR TELEPHONE ANSWER PHONE IS CURRENTLY SWITCHED ON. THIS IS TO ENABLE US TO MAKE OUR MANY DAILY OUTGOING CALLS TO PATIENTS WHO ARE ATTENDING IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO AND THEREFORE KEEPS OUR LINES AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE FOR ALL OF OUR INCOMING CALLS DURING THE REST OF THE DAY.
If at any point you have a non urgent enquiry please email us at [email protected] or fill out a contact form on our website www.woodandwoolfstein.co.uk
The summary of our patient journey is as follows:
- Patient contacts the practice/is contacted by the practice
- Details of the query are recorded and these are passed to the triaging dentist to return the patient call and to discuss the query
- The dentist will confirm your details and may discuss your requirements, your dental health, pre screen you for Covid and discuss any vulnerabilities to Covid.
- If required an appointment will be booked and arrival information (procedure at entrance , hand hygiene etc) will be given to you-currently this information includes the fact that we are unable to use our waiting room and we cannot provide any toilet facilities. We will request that you attend a few minutes before your appointment and wait on the forecourt of the Practice to be brought inside. Please observe social distancing whilst waiting on the forecourt.
- PLEASE WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING AS PER CURRENT GUIDELINES WHEN YOU ATTEND
- Prior to the appointment you will be sent a link via email and text so that you complete all of your forms before your arrive(This applies mainly to adults as many children do not have emails or mobile numbers-the software is being developed to improve this). By completing all of these forms , everything will run more smoothly and allow us to reduce contact and provide us with the most up to date information. If you do not have an email or mobile phone then we will still help you to complete forms when you arrive.
- The patient is called 24 hours before the appointment to screen for Covid and confirm appointment time.
- When you attend , you will again be screened for Covid status.
- ALL PATIENT CHARGES ARE COLLECTED OVER THE PHONE BY CARD PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS.
- Once you finish your treatment your dentist will book your next appointment if this is required and you will safely be led out of the Practice avoiding contact with any other patients.
- Any treatment plans or estimates will be emailed to you and reception will follow up any further needs.
We hope that you find this information helpful and reassures you that your dental needs and safety remain our priority.
We are here to help so please do not hesitate to contact us-we apologise that our telephone lines can be extremely busy at times despite having had more lines than ever installed . If you are struggling to get through and your query is non urgent then please email us [email protected].
You can even email us just for a call back .
Please do not attend the Practice without an appointment as we do not currently have a reception area .
Thank you again for all your cooperation with the new protocols.
Please stay safe
Wood and Woolfstein Dental Practice