Our natural-looking dental bridges can fill in any gaps in your smile and help restore lost confidence. They are supported by the teeth that lie either side of a gap and fixed in place.
Why you might need them
You may be looking for a longer lasting solution to a few missing teeth, which you feel are spoiling your smile.
How they help
- Can restore an incomplete smile
- Improve how you eat and speak
- Even out the forces in your bite
- Prevent remaining teeth from moving out of position
- Traditional bridge – this has a false tooth supported by one or two crowns. These commonly used bridges can be all-ceramic or made from porcelain fused to metal.
- Maryland bridge – a false tooth is attached to the teeth either side of a space with metal or ceramic wings.
How they work
- We remove a layer from the supporting teeth.
- We take impressions of these prepared teeth so a tailor-made bridge can be produced.
- A temporary bridge will protect the exposed teeth while you wait for your permanent one.
- When ready, this bridge is checked for fit and finally affixed to the supporting teeth with strong dental cement.
More useful information
To ensure the longevity of your bridge, make sure you develop good oral hygiene techniques, this may include regular hygienist visits. You would also be wise to avoid very hard foods and refrain from biting your nails or pen tops.Back to the Treatments page » Fees List » Gallery »