A veneer is a thin tooth-coloured layer of porcelain or composite that fits neatly over the front surface of an unsightly tooth. Veneers offer a minimally invasive way to improve the appearance of a tooth as very little preparation is required before they are bonded securely into position.
Why you might need them
You may have chips, discolouration or small gaps that you are embarrassed to show off when you smile.
How they help
- More healthy tooth tissue can be kept
- Colour matched to your natural teeth
- Stain resistant
We offer e.max veneers – these are extremely thin, very strong and designed to look incredibly tooth-like.
How they work
- If necessary, we remove an ultra-thin layer of the tooth’s surface to allow the veneer to fit neatly.
- Once prepared, we take impressions so a customised colour-matched veneer can be created by skilled lab technicians.
- When ready, this specially designed veneer is bonded to the tooth using a strong dental adhesive.
More useful information
After fitting, it is important to look after your shiny new veneer with twice daily brushing and regular flossing. Your dentist and hygienist will show you how best to clean your teeth and keep an eye on your oral health.
Although veneers are pretty tough, it is important to treat them with care, so avoid biting your fingernails or chewing pen tops, and definitely don’t open anything with your teeth.Back to the Treatments page » Fees List » Gallery »